Saturday, November 08, 2008

Project 365

About a year ago, in a bar in Jamaica Plain, I ran into my best friend from camp. He's from North Carolina, and camp was (and still is) in Virginia, so the Boston area was about the last place I'd expected to find him, having not seen him in nearly ten years. Turns out he was moving back there to take a new job and had been spending the day house hunting. He was stopping by the bar to celebrate his triumph. Dave and I were doing nothing so interesting. We were just there for a beer.

My friend, Matt, has been doing this photo project this year, taking a picture everyday and posting them, semi-regularly, on his blog. It's a nifty idea, and I've been toying with it for a while, so on Tuesday, with that crappy camera phone shot of my blue, blue, blue Virginia, I decided to start. They might be awful pictures, but I think that it will be fun, or at least interesting, and if I can keep it up for a whole year, a fascinating (or not) chronicle of the year.

Feel free to join me in this - might be fun to compare! If you're interested, there's a good overview over at Photojojo, or have a look at Matt's.

No comments: