Monday, August 18, 2008

Capitalizing on... an ad?

I was just asking the google to find me a new laptop sleeve when I came across this, the Steve Sleeve, from Timbuck2. I thought it was the funniest thing I've seen all day (full disclosure, I've only been up for about an hour, since the Keyspan guys came and woke me up wanting to see the meter.) Though it looks just like the manila envelope of Apple Macbook Air advertising, it is actually a recycled plastic case for your Macbook Air (a computer, by the way, which I would never buy, given how sleek and small the average Macbook already is.) Named, of course, for Steve Jobs of Apple fame, who introduced the ultra-thin Macbook by sliding it out of, you guessed it, a manila envelope.

Is this worth the $50 Timbuck2 wants for it? No, not by half. Is it clever and funny? Why yes. Yes it is.

No comments: