Saturday, October 21, 2006

No, no, a thousand times, NO!

Dear Virginia,

I love you, I always have, and I always will, but this is evil.



I just got my absentee ballot the other day. If I actually stay in this state for a full year, well, one of these years I'll have to change my official residence. As long as I am still touring and wandering around after work though, I cling like a limpet to my Virginia residency! I don't WANT to be a New Yorker for real. I just play one on TV. There's nothing on the ballot this year that required much thought for me. No, I still hate Jo Ann Davis (though this year I didn't have to write in a candidate in order to oppose her - one year I voted for my dad!), and yes, I still object to stupid and hateful constitutional amendments. Actually, I object to constitutional amendments in general. I think constitutions should be fairly streamlined (ha!) and that most things can be taken care of via legislation, rather than amendments. But I especially object to evil ones.

Voting makes me happy though. You should do it too, it's fun!

No comments: