Saturday, October 21, 2006

Jenny - this is dumb...

I've just spent a lot of time spiffying up this blogger page so that I can try to clone everything I post over at livejournal, but the truth is, blogger is not nearly as useful as livejournal. Livejournal is so much more, well, more everything! Accessible - you can post from phone, text, im, email or the traditional method using the web or any number of downloadable clients. Customizable - I was very disappointed about how little you can customize the look of your blogger blog without knowing how it was written. Livejournal makes it easy to make your journal look exactly the way you want it to, and while I am not willing to paint my ROOM in my team's colors the way that paint company on TV wants me to, I want my journal painted that way! Useful - Here I can set the entire journal to a less viewable mode, but not individual posts the way I can at livejournal. There is tagging here, like livejournal, and that's fine, but I miss the silly fun things like current mood and current music.

And most of all, there is no real community here - I don't have the convenience of a "friends page" where I can view the most recent posts of my nearest and dearest, or just my interesting imaginary friends.


Though the random questions on the profile page are fun. I'll give it that...

No comments: